Wednesday, May 29, 2013

An Announcement, And More

No, it's not an important announcement. It is just something related to Letterboxd, the site I am a member of and you can view my profile here. As of late, various members of that site did a “30 movies in 30 days” deal where they watched by their own choosing (not everyone watched the same movies) 30 different foreign films, rated them, then talked about them. That seemed like a good idea so in June I'll mainly (if not entirely) watch foreign movies, but not 30 of them. Who knows how many I'll watch but it'll be a variety of countries, I do know that.

Earlier in the week I rewatched a movie that I hadn't seen since I watched it on the big screen in March of '11. It was Drive Angry, which I reviewed here. When I saw it, I really enjoyed it despite how I noted at the time that various things did not make a whole lot of sense. This time while watching it, I still enjoyed it but not as much. The movie trying SO hard to be a cult classic was grating at times and when I saw it in 3D I must not have noted the quality of the special effects; in 2D, wow do many of the special effects (the CGI) look atrocious. I mean, I was shocked by how bad it was. But like I said I still like the movie overall, for the reasons I mentioned in the original review. I still enjoyed Heard's character and how the relationship turned out between The Accountant and Milton.

I'll be back Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment