Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Documentary And More


I ended up changing my plans last night, partly due to not feeling so hot and I instead did other things to relax. I did not try to watch any of the movies on my queue about to expire. What I did was, I looked at the aforementioned secret site to see how many of those titles are there; some fit the bill so I added them there and another movie or two on YouTube. I still have plenty on the queue even after the great purge, so I am set there.

I already know what I'll be watching tonight so tomorrow night will be my usual review. This is despite what came out today in the videogame world, which is the downloadable game Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a game that doesn't require Far Cry 3 to play. It is an 80's-style action-adventure over the top game where the lead character is voiced by Michael Biehn! It sounds and looks incredible so I will be downloading it later today and I'll at least play a small amount of it tonight.

So, since I have the time I'll write about the documentary I saw last week. It was Special When Lit: A Pinball Documentary, a title that says it all. This 2009 film is a cursory look at various aspects of the pinball phenomenon, from its history to the characters today that are still hardcore fans (characters being the appropriate word), and the tournaments that take place. While you do wish to hear more about the various topics that are brought up, overall it still was interesting to watch. I found out about it from a podcast, and we all enjoy playing pinball in real life and in videogames. Yes, there are some pinball games for systems like the 360, and most of them are well worth playing. If you enjoy playing them too then this is especially worth seeing.

If only it didn't seem like that sometimes they were making fun of the strangest people they feature due to how they were presented. For example, there's a guy about 60 who has zero social skills and lives in a filthy house but is the hardest of the hardcore pinball fan and he was quite the person; if only he would have worn a shirt that fully covered his gut!

I'll be back tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment