Thursday, February 14, 2013

Live Free or Die Hard



Runtime: 129 minutes

Directed by: Len Wiseman

Starring: Bruce Willis, Justin Long, Timothy Olyphant, Maggie Q

From: 20th Century Fox

Oh man was this not a good revisit. Not that I liked it the first time I saw it (which was on DVD; I never saw it on the big screen. A PG-13 Die Hard? F You 20th Century Fox!) but tonight... and I do plan on seeing the new one tomorrow, so it may be a bad end of the week for me film-wise!

You know the plot already, or at least that is what I am presuming... a totally ridiculous plot of some techno-terrorists using technology to try and take down the United States and it takes John McClane and his new young cyber punk pal Matt Farrell to try and stop them... and yeah, when I first heard about the plot oh so long ago I wasn't too interested, but when I saw the movie I thought it was highly stupid; turns out, it still is highly stupid and ridiculous and none of it I could ever believe. That doesn't even take into account how I could never believe any of the superhuman things that McClane could now do, a drastic change from the first movie where his feet hurt like hell when he literally had to walk on broken glass.

If it wasn't for the relationship between John and Matt being fine (at least)-although oh boy is the relationship between John and his daughter pretty terrible overall-and the action being rather entertaining, I would really hate this. As is, it's just a stupid action movie which barely is a Die Hard film and really, I say the first three are the only true ones in the series and everything else is just a pretender.

I'll be back tomorrow night with the new Die Hard, and I hope I don't have to be even more vicious in bashing that than I was tonight in reviewing this film. Early signs, though... it may be a bad day to watch a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment