Monday, February 25, 2013

Some Words About The Oscars Last Night

I wasn't planning on watching the Academy Awards last night; I was thinking about watching some film. But plans changed...

I haven't really cared too much about it for at least the past few years now; talk about a bloated pompous affair, and of course all the screw-ups they make. Well, once I heard that no-talent idiot who has created some all-time terrible cartoons and a stupid talking teddy bear movie, I now knew for certain not to check it out! However, it came to my attention that someone I only know from the online world was going to do a webcam broadcast of the awards show where he and his pals would rip apart everything, and hey, that sounded like something perfect for me. 

That broadcast they did, though... it started off fine as they riffed on all the stuipd red carpet crap. But, about 15 minutes into that seemingly 9 hour long opening with William Shatner that was SO horrible and so bad, the video cut out and the account got suspended because, get this, “the owner of this content has reached his bandwidth limit.” So in other words, the U Broadcast website is God-awful and a pathetic joke, although still better than Seth MacFarlane! I'll be honest, the only audio of the show I heard was the first 15 minutes of the opening-where the webcam guys ripped it apart like I would for being awful-but that was more than enough for me to know just to half-watch the show on TV while I listen to music on my laptop. Once I saw who won most of the awards, I was reminded why I've been apathetic about the Oscars for awhile now.

Oh, and I have never found The Onion to be all that funny. The most obvious jokes are made and besides them not being amusing at all, they are presented in the laziest most uncreative of ways; before they deleted it, they had a Tweet up where they said that 9 year old Quvenzhane Wallis was “the c-word”; I won't say the word they actually used. Charming people they are. 


Then there is Jennifer Lawrence and her now tiresome act of being a ditz... either it's all an act like what Jessica Simpson apparently did so long ago (and I hated it back then too) or it's legit. Either way, what a damn annoying woman! Sorry but that's honestly how I feel. On press row after you win an Oscar, you flip off the cameras like a 16 year old girl on Instagram... like I said, incredibly tiresome.

I'll be back tomorrow night and this time I'll talk about some sort of movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment