Sunday, February 17, 2013

What Have They Done To Your Daughters?



Runtime: 87 minutes (at least the version I found)

Directed by: Massimo Dallamano

Starring: Giovanna Ralli, Claudio Cassinelli, Mario Adorf, Franco Fabrizi, Farley Granger

From: Primex Italiana

Here is an obscure movie I did not even know of until a day or two ago. I stumbled upon it as I heard it was a combination of a poliziotteschi film and a giallo. I haven't seen too many giallo film aside from Suspiria (the movie from Argento called Giallo... please don't watch it. It's bad, as I found out when I watched it), but I'll try to expand my knowledge there too, I promise.

The plot: The police investigate what appears to be a suicide of a young teenage girl. They discover that it was a set-up which is covering up something else; that's right, she was murdered. The suspects in the case are taken out, though, by a mysterious motorcycle-riding guy whose weapon of choice is a meat cleaver. Needless to say, as it's a giallo you see blood flying about, splattering on the walls.

Overall, I'd say that this was more a giallo than anything else, with the law enforcement investigating the case providing the crime drama aspect. There's also the cheesecake aspect with the assistant DA being an attractive woman, and you see some other ladies appear in the nude. It's an interesting tale where you don't quite know what's going on until the very end, so there's the mystery aspect. There's even some action with a nice motorcycle chase where it's being followed by police cars. It was a nice watch and if you can find it, you may enjoy it too. I did see the dubbed version and Adorf's voice sounded like Tom Skerritt, which greatly amused me.

I'll be back Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment