Sunday, June 30, 2013

RIP Jim Kelly

Instead of a usual review tonight I figured I should note that today, I discovered that yesterday Jim Kelly passed away at the age of 67. No, not the former NFL All-Pro quarterback, but the martial artists turned actor who appeared in such movies as Enter the Dragon and several that I have reviewed in the past. To hear that he passed away due to cancer is especially sad.

In fact, here are the movies he's been in that I have seen and reviewed. Click on the titles to read each review.

Black Belt Jones/Golden Needles
Three the Hard Way
Take a Hard Ride
One Down, Two to Go

In the past I did not guess that I would see a decent number of films from both Jim Brown and Jim Kelly, but that's what I've done and they've usually been at least a good time.

In the next week I should be seeing one or two of his other movies for review, as that would be the appropriate thing to do. However, I'll be watching something else for review Monday night, barring someone else of this level passing away between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment