Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hatchet III


Runtime: 81 minutes

Directed by: BJ McDonnell

Starring: Danielle Harris, Kane Hodder, Zach Galligan, Caroline Williams, Robert Diago DoQui

From: Ariescope Pictures

I know it's a little later than when I had planned to have this up, but it happens. In hindsight, I would have been better off not even spending the time and Xbox points to watch this, but I had no idea I would have this reaction...

Back in 2010 I finally saw the first Hatchet, a movie that has a lot of fans in the horror community. I talk about that here, but I thought it was not a good film. The gore was great and there were some funny moments, but most of the characters were asstagonists and just stupid in an aggravating way. I got to se the sequel on the big screen. You can read all about that experience here. It was better than the first but overall was average. More interesting than the film was how Kane Hodder appeared in person and he delivered a Q&A before and after the movie. Sad to say, due to still unclear reasons the movie got yanked from its AMC engagements everywhere after only like about 2 days.

With this movie, it only opened in a few markets earlier in the month but among other streaming sites it was on Xbox Video so I figured I would watch it, as I have seen the first two and I haven't heard anything major that would not make me want to see it.

Well... the plot is that now Victor Crowley is unstoppable in a preposterous way. Even after the ending of the second movie, and what happens in the opening minutes of this movie. The police and eventually the SWAT team end up in the swamp to collect the dead bodies, and that allows for Mr. Crowley (not on his white horse) to find more victims to kill, but this time the kills are badly done and just not that interesting, but mainly there are bad effects, especially when they are of the CGI kind. There's more but I don't want to get into it.

Yep, I did not like this movie... actually, I am putting it mildly. I HATED this movie. HATED. What a rancid piece of crap. It's not just the stupid nonsense story but most of the characters you see here are horrible loathsome human beings, especially the lead of the movie, Marybeth. Honestly. I have no idea why a character that was a big bitch in the first one but not to a turn-off point and who was not as bad in the second one suddenly turned into the most legit detestable major turn-off in the worst way character I have EVER seen. Ever. She was such a complete... I don't want to use misogynistic terms so I'll just say that character did a lot to make me despise this movie, although there certainly are other things that just make me think it is a bad movie, but that character made it into a film that legit makes me very angry, and that definitely is not a good thing. It's been a long while since I've been this upset with a motion picture, as a matter of fact. Not even the son of legendary character actor DoQui and Stritch from the second Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie can save it, but at least I did not wish for Mr. Crowley to tear them from limb to limb like I did most people in this.

Even if you loved the first two, I would say to stay far away from this. For everyone else, you'll be happier if you never have this festering sore enter your lives. I mean, not only do I think that I'd much rather watch the crappy A Good Day To Die Hard, but even the stinky piece of crap known as Creature was a better movie! Both movies share an actor (I won't spoil who it is) and at least in Creature he's in it more and I liked more people in that and I could laugh a few times, even if it was in disbelief.


I'll be back Sunday night and I should be watching something that doesn't make my blood boil.

No comments:

Post a Comment