Monday, February 3, 2014

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

I always feel bad whenever I have to talk about someone passing away. But, this is especially sad. Someone who was a drug addict at a real young age but then cleaned himself up for 23 years, before falling into the same habit last year. He went to treatment; sad to say it did not work. He OD'ed and considering the amount of heroin found I've heard the rumor that it was actually a suicide but who knows. Either way this is awful, most of all because he had a wife and 3 kids.

I haven't seen but a few of his movies and it's lame that it took this happening to make me want to rewatch the stuff I've seen before and check out all the films I haven't watched yet. Even from what I've seen I of course recognize how he was a great actor and to think that an Average Joe (at least in terms of appearance) was great at his craft and he at least got some nice paydays once in awhile to pay the bills (such as Mission Impossible 3 or with the Hunger Games movies) when he didn't do his usual independent dramas or stage work at Broadway or elsewhere.

Unless tragedy strikes again and I have to write about someone else who had their life end too soon, I will be back tomorrow night with a review and it will be of a Philip Seymour Hoffman movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment