Saturday, February 8, 2014

Yes, Blaxploitation Films Are Neat

I figured this should be the only thing I talk about tonight. Last night I rewatched Coffy, a film I've seen a few times before and I reviewed it back in 2010. You can read that review here. Then, just earlier tonight I watched Foxy Brown, a rather similar movie (it was made to cash in on Coffy's success and you have both the same star and director and even some returning cast members) that in its own ways is about as fun as Coffy. I briefly talked about it in a review you can read by clicking here.

Both movies are over the top but hey, they are fun to watch. You have despicable bad guys who do awful things, so you love it when there's a badass woman that gets revenge on them in glorious ways and you have wacky fights, groovy soundtracks, wild clothing, and just a high level of awesomeness in general.

I WILL be back tomorrow night with a review, and barring any problems, it'll be another blaxploitation film, this time one I haven't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment