Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Goonies Sequel?

I did not have time to watch a film tonight; so instead I'll quickly mention something. Via a random looking at sites where I click on something which led me somewhere, then I clicked on something there to go to another place... it was one of those nights... anyhow, I found a quick article from a place called Geek Tyrant which noted something interesting that Sean Astin said in an IGN interview about the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated show (and I am not sure about that, as someone who was a huge fan as a kid of the original cartoon); he was asked about a Goonies sequel and he was "1000% sure" there will be one sometime in the future. Does he know something no one else does? Oh, if only.

Sure, if I would have seen it for the first time as an adult then I'd probably complain about how there's a lot of yelling overall during the film or how there are various dopey moments, or what have you. But I watched it many times as a kid and loved it, and saw it on the big screen twice as an adult and still had many nostalgia feelings for it so I was able to be a big kid for it and look past any faults. I am sure I will always have nostalgia for that wacky and goofy yet wildly entertaining film. Sloth and Chunk alone make it worthwhile.

If there would be a sequel for it so many years later, I realize there's a strong chance someone will really screw it up along the way and it won't be what so many people are looking for. I am sure there won't be gags like a mouthy kid saying the wrong thing as a translator to a Hispanic maid in order to scare her or the cock and balls of a classical statue being broken off and gags being present about gluing it back on (only in the 80's would you have that in a PG film); if it ever happens and I'm still doing this blog, of course I'll do a review.

I will be back Wednesday afternoon and this time I'll be reviewing some sort of motion picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment