Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Now It Is Time To Catch Up

Late Sunday night I revisited Diabolique for reasons I won't get into here... but I did not mind seeing that French classic again as it's great. I reviewed that back in 2017 and nothing has changed. Last night on Disney + I saw the 1952 cartoon Trick or Treat, starring Donald Duck and his three nephews. That review is below: 

Pro tp: don't troll an actual witch.

After this month I will be taking what I suspect will be a short break from Disney +; no doubt many have the issue that there's too many services out there to subscribe to all at once and some are best only to be a member of in fits & spurts. While I understand HBO Max has put up a bunch of old-school Looney Tunes cartoons since I was last a member there, + only has a small scattering of offerings; at least this was put up for the Halloween season.

Huey, Dewey & Louie are out on Halloween, trick or treating and they get trolled hard by their uncle Donald-it involves both firecrackers and a bucket of water. A kind witch (appropriately named Witch Hazel) wants to help as she thinks it's BS they did not even get any candy. Donald acts like an ass to her too... and the s*** is on. Hazel uses a potion involving “double double toil and trouble” & she gets her revenge despite Donald's best efforts.

It is a charming 8 minute cartoon filled with lovely animation that has its colorful moments, humorous gags, a small appearance from a trio of ghosts, and a quality musical score which mixes in several different genres-depending on the scene-and a boss-ass title song sung by Thurl Ravenscroft, a man who has a legendary birth name. A nice watch for this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment