Thursday, September 19, 2019

I Talk Battle At Big Rock

If you haven't heard, this short unexpectedly dropped a few days ago and is some sort of bridge between the latest Jurassic World movie (which was awful) and whenever the third one comes out. Judging by this, that won't be any good either: 

Originally I was not planning on seeing this, because it's connected to the Jurassic World movies and both of those are pretty atrocious. However, my schedule as of late meant that I had limited time to see something so since this is so short... and turns out, pointless...

It was not as awful as than either JW so I will give it credit for that. The scary moments would have been better if the family wasn't so damn annoying. Even in something less than 10 minutes, there was no shortage of bad expository dialogue, stupid moments and things that made me shake my head in disbelief... that ending, Christ! I am glad that there are some who got enjoyment out of this but I suppose a big issue for me even before I hit play and viewed this on YouTube: the entire scenario presented in the short only occurred because of the astoundingly wrong-headed moment from the end of Fallen Kingdom that the movie presented as “the right choice”, the decision that the audience was supposed to agree with. That's why I have zero expectations for the JW3 actually being any good or even alright. A real shame as the OG Jurassic Park is still awesome and JP2/JP3 are at least average.

No comments:

Post a Comment