Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Pair Of Tidbits

As I have some free time I’ll mention two quick things on here.

The first is that I’ll say “RIP Patrick Swayze”. I haven’t really seen too many of his flicks but having to go through something as rough as pancreatic cancer and the way he looked in the last few months of his life… it’s a sad thing. I can say about Road House, though, is that while it’s one of the most ridiculous movies ever made, if you turn your brain off and just go with it, it’s a lot of fun.

The second thing is that a movie I’ve heard about since October of ’07 is finally coming out in limited release and it has an interesting story behind it. The movie is Paranormal Activity and it’s a horror flick about a woman who is haunted by some sort of presence and it flares up again after she and her love interest move into a new house and he taunts said presence, and a camera set up to record what happens at night is the way that we get to see what happens when they’re asleep.

That’s what I heard back then and that’s all I’ve heard about it until now. It was first brought up on a Dinner for Fiends podcast on Dread Central and since then many people have been interested in it and not a lot of news has been said about it, except that when it was picked up by Paramount/Dreamworks, they were thinking of doing a bigger budget remake of it and releasing it along with the original, but they changed their plans. Apparently several endings were filmed until they got the right one, but I think it was other things that caused it to be on the shelf until next weekend, when it’s finally coming out in limited release.

The site has the list of theatres it’s scheduled in as of this moment. I am SO thankful that not only is it in Florida, but it’s right in Orlando. I’m not sure about it being at the Citywalk theatre, as in the past I’ve had problems with stupid monkeybrained knuckle-draggers that were in the crowd in the auditorium, but I’ll hope for the best here. I plan on being there on the 25th too, so a large crowd that does NOT lose interest in this and acts respectful will make me happy.

I'll be back by Friday night with a review of another horror flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment