Thursday, September 3, 2009

Inglourious Basterds Revisited

I know, long time no write but stuff prevented me from doing much movie watching as of late, let alone updating this. But, by Friday night I'll post at least one new movie review. Promise. To copy and paste from my latest MySpace entry:

Monday I ended up seeing Inglourious Basterds again. This time it was at the local theatre in Clermont. I enjoyed it more the second time around, and I was able to accept the “plot twist” I mentioned before much better than I did the first time I saw it in Daytona Beach. So, I can say with confidence now that this is Quentin’s best movie and you should see it if it’s the type of film you think you’ll like.

To elaborate a little more, it did help me to read some comments and thoughts on the movie from the people on the CHUD.com messageboard. It helped me look at things a little differently and I now viewed the plot twist differently and I'm saying that I liked it more out of genuine thought, rather than trying to go with the flow and agreeing with the general consensus. As for how it was to see the movie again with an audience... well, believe it or not, even though the theatre opened in like April of this year, I was the only person in the auditorium to see the film! I kid you not, this happened and on a Monday night. I know that the theatre was almost deserted when I entered it and it was more so when I left it. Seeing a grand total of like 20 cars in the parking lot (and some of them may have been employee cars) is a bad sign for that theatre and I hope it's doing well and is not in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment