Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sorority Row

Sorority Row (2009)

25% on Rotten Tomatoes (out of 59 reviews)


Runtime: 101 minutes

Directed by: Stewart Hendler

Starring: Briana Evigan, Rumer Willis, Jamie Chung, Audrina Patridge, Carrie Fisher

From: Summit Entertainment


Sorority Row is a movie I’ve heard about for awhile and it’s a remake of the 80’s flick The House on Sorority Row, which I haven’t seen before so I’m unable to compare the two. What caught my eye with the remake was, to be blunt, the attractive women in the cast and seeing them wear not much in the way of clothing! I know, shallow, but that’s how I feel. Man, Briana Evigan… very nice.

I already mentioned the problems I had last week in watching this movie, so I only saw the first half of it. Yesterday, I finally got to see this in full. As I figured from seeing the first half of it, it’s a goofy trashy movie that you can’t really take seriously, and yet it is entertaining trash and while the kills weren’t that inventive they were still good overall and looked fine enough.

You probably know the plot already if you’ve seen the trailer as a lot is given away, but it’s all about several ladies in a sorority, including the bitchy girl that’s the unofficial leader, and what happens when a prank against a guy goes awry and one of their sisters is accidentally killed, so they cover it up. Problems arise the night of graduation. Yeah, it does sound a whole lot like I Know What You Did Last Summer, which is a film I enjoyed way back when. I Still Know…, though, is a horrible movie and it shouldn’t be seen; I mean, the big plot point of that film is knowing the capital of Brazil! No lie.

Sorority Row, like I said, is entertaining trash and I can’t say is “good”, but it’s not ”bad”, IMO. You’ll have to put up with some goofy and eye-rolling dialogue, but if you can and you like horror flicks with some nice gore and a good amount of nudity (mainly female, but some male too) then you may have fun with this. It’s almost out of first-run theatres now but I wouldn’t be surprised if it made it to some dollar theatres in like a month or two, so you can wait for that or until it comes to DVD, probably before 2009 is over with. What a stocking-stuffer! I’d like to stuff… oh wait that’s way too crude, nevermind.

I’ll be back in a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment