Tuesday, July 9, 2019

I Talk A Classic Silent & More

First off, RIP to Rip Torn; I just saw that news a moment ago.

It is not ideal to start off a review of a legendary and influential silent with an off-topic comment, but I have to say that at least for the next several weeks I won't be on Letterboxd as much because I won't be seeing as many movies... this month already I've been busy with various things and among other things, I still need to watch S3 of Stranger Things as that hasn't even been started by me as of now. I do not know how often I'll post reviews but it won't be nearly every day; eventually things should be back to normal... presumably.

As for this, there isn't too much to say about this 13 minute short, although it is said to be the first-ever with a narrative story and even in 2019, the sets, props and backdrops still impress. I am unsure why the people that go to the moon are apparently old wizards, but there being no intertitles aside from the opening titles manages to not be an issue as the images literally do speak for themselves. For the obvious historical reasons, this should be viewed at least once by all film buffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment