Wednesday, April 30, 2014

RIP Bob Hoskins

Unfortunately, the weather DID impact my plans today. I won't get into the whole story but it involved the power being out for an extended period of time (so I should blame the power company too) so my plans were flushed down the toilet, and after that happened I didn't really feel like trying to go somewhere else to see what I wanted to see. So, I did other things while out on the town.

Anyway, when I woke up today and saw that Bob Hoskins was trending on Twitter, I feared it was for a bad reason, and sad to say it was. As I had no idea he was in ill health that news was a shock to me. I've only seen a few of his movies but I was still disappointed by the news. I know him best from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, which I last saw before I started this blog. I should try and rectify that this year sometime, as I still enjoy the movie as an adult.

The two movies of his I have reviewed for the site were his small role in Doomsday (the review of that is here) and what he said was the worst movie he ever did, Super Mario Bros. (the review of that is here). I think I'll be watching the former again, this time to talk about it on Letterboxd.

I will return Friday night and hopefully I'll have better luck than I've had the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment