Sunday, September 11, 2011

So...

After some thought, I realized that posting any sort of review today wouldn't be the best idea, given what today is. Plus, I wasn't able to watch anything and I'm dead tired now so I didn't want to watch anything after the night football game finished and then I'd post a real late review. Instead, I'll mention that I'll finally do a new review on Tuesday night and then I'll try to be more frequent with them for the rest of the month.

Since I'm typing I should at least mention the funny story of how a generic horror movie with the generic title of Creature somehow got a 1,500 screen release and given that the advertising budget was approximately 2 or 3 bucks it shouldn't be a shocked that it totally bombed at the box office, not even finishing in the top 25 and the numbers were so bad, an approximate average of SIX people paid for a ticket to watch it at each screening; six per screening, that's a total disaster.

Then again maybe I should cry instead of laugh... as I read somewhere a few days ago, this low-budget movie that apparently is God-awful too got released on 1,500 screens and yet quality genre films like Attack The Block, Let The Right One In and 13 Assassins would probably perform illicit sex acts with a bum in an alley to have gotten that sort of release when they were out in movie theatres! Typical Hollywood/movie-making system. At least I was able to see all three of them the proper way, but Creature sounds like such a waste I doubt I'll ever see it out of the sake of being curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment