Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Way Out West

Way Out West (1937)

Runtime: 65 minutes

Directed by: James W. Horne

Starring: Laurel & Hardy, Sharon Lynn, James Finlayson, Rosina Lawrence

From: MGM

Let's do the tango jiggle with a Texas Tommy wiggle.

I have finally returned from taking a few day break to hang out with one of my sisters and two of my nephews, which required multiple trips to Walt Disney World and I am absolutely exhausted now. They are still here now and are leaving tomorrow afternoon; for certain my life will be a lot quieter once they are gone but it's still been nice to see them enjoy various rides and have a good time. Today I thankfully had the time to see a movie barely an hour long, so I went with a classic comedy duo. There's not a lot of time for me to write my opinion; alas...

Our heroes end up in a Wild West town; they have to meet a young lady working in a bar-this is deliver the deed to a gold mine. Unfortunately, this lady's guardian runs the saloon and he's an A-hole. In fact, he tries to do a shim-sham with his wife, who performs on stage. There is some singing and even dancing to go along with the expected wordplay and sight gags. Everything from sink holes and holes in shoes to donkeys and lockets on chains (& even tickling, believe it or not) are used to comedic effect and there were so many laughs-I dare not spoil all the gags-this gets a very good rating; just note that the first ten or so minutes are on the slow side. After that the pace quickens and there's comedy gold that is presented.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment