Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I Talk About Terminator: Genisys (blah)

Tonight is the last day of the Major League Baseball season, Game 7 of the World Series so I'll definitely be watching that instead of any films. But, the news breaking today about the movie that should be known as Terminator: Genesis... it does give me something to talk about.

Eventually (hopefully soon) I'll start watching the Blu-ray set I have of all 4 Terminator films* and talk about them here for this page and my Letterboxd page; in short, the first two are great, and the other two, not so much. I'll explain why in those future reviews. As for the 5th movie, they had been talking about it for awhile now and they were finally able to get it together; whether or not there SHOULD be one is something else entirely but that's not my point of contention.

What I don't like is what has been revealed about the plot for the 5th Terminator. You can read this Collider article here for the details but in case you don't want to be spoiled, the new film makes big changes to the entire mythology. I realize that can happen with a time travel series, where things can become a huge mess if you try to look at it logically; it's just that the changes sound really stupid and nonsensical, and while I've never looked forward to it, actually wanting to see it is now pretty far down the list; there are literally thousands of films in the history of motion pictures I'd rather see than watch something calling itself Genisys.

I'll return with something or another tomorrow night.

* By the way, it was a nice feat for them to be together considering they were made by four different studios and released by three different studios (at least in the United States)

No comments:

Post a Comment