Monday, November 5, 2012

Left to Die



Runtime: 90 minutes

Directed by: Leon Ichaso

Starring: Rachael Leigh Cook, Barbara Hershey, Nicholas Gonzalez, Emily Foxler

From: Sony Pictures Television

Yep, another Rachael film. This time, it is one that just made its debut last night... on Lifetime. Yes, I watched something on that network. I was not expecting this film to already have aired, as I know this was filmed just a few months ago in August, mainly in Colombia of all places. As it's Lifetime it's about a woman in peril, there's romance, and it was based on a true story. I think that at least one of those qualities can be seen in all the programming seen on that channel!

Unfortunately, this is based on a true story as it involves an older lady (Hershey) vacationing in Ecuador and she gets set up in a drug bust and gets jailed and her daughter Tammi (Cook) has to try and get her out of there. It took 22 months (!) and many false starts but it finally happened.

Overall, it's a standard cable TV movie. I don't mean that as an insult. I am just stating fact. It's a fine way to spend a few hours and it's also educational... it doesn't really make you want to visit the lovely country of Ecuador, though! Sure, I understand the laws there have changed which makes it harder for the sad case of Sandra Chase to take place, but it still makes you want to visit another country in South America instead... maybe even Colombia. Don't ask why I know all this knowledge of the film, I just do.

Besides the deal of someone being jailed, she is also ill, Tammi's sibling less than reliable, the prison is a craphole (it's open-air but it still isn't a place for an American lady to be), Tammi has a romance along the way... so no wonder it was made for this channel. The performances are all fine and the reason why I checked this out... she looked pretty hot and she should wear white pants more often! That is a nice look for her. Her dressing up like a nun in order to secretly visit her mom in jail was a rather interesting look.

I tell you, this movie has to be better than the one I saw advertisement for on that channel; it'll debut soon and it is The Christmas Consultant and stars both Caroline Rhea and... David Hasselhoff! He gets shoved into a Christmas tree and both tumble over; for some reason, I unfortunately think that he's drunkenly fallen into a Christmas tree before...

I'll be back tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment