Thursday, October 4, 2012

11:14



Runtime: 85 minutes

Directed by: Greg Marcks

Starring: Henry Thomas, Barbara Hershey, Hilary Swank, Rachael Leigh Cook

From: Media 8 Entertainment

Yep, another movie featuring Rachael; I figured today was the perfect time to post this (I watched this the night before; I'll explain tomorrow night why I wasn't able to watch this today and then post it tonight.) You see, today Rachael turns 33. She definitely does not look her age (something I can sympathize with) but it's true. As it's her birthday, I figured it would be perfect to talk about one of her films which I hadn't seen before.

It was a movie I had seen some .gifs of, the sort of .gifs that would appeal to me. I finally sat down and watched this film, and yep I did enjoy it more than for the reasons you'd suspect me for enjoying this. I mean, I just presumed this was mainly a drama but after giving it a view it's a real dark comedy. Sure, there are dramatic situations you see but there's a lot of pitch-black humor. That caught me off-guard but that was a big part why I dug this so much; not just it being a black comedy, but also that a lot of it is really funny, at least to a sick SOB like me.

The plot: A car crash happens at 11:14 PM and you look at five different people to see that many events happened to come together to allow for a lot more to happen than just one simple random accident. You see all five people cross each other's paths throughout while things are divided into five segments. What you see includes a convenience store, a graveyard (more on that in a bit), Patrick Swayze with his golden retriever pal, old donuts, and burning books. There's a lot more but I don't really want to spoil a whole lot as a big part of the film is watching it and figuring out how all the pieces fit together. There are surprises, that is for sure. It's the type of movie to see more than once, for sure.

I will reveal one thing to give a hint as to what sort of film this is. Pretty much all the characters you see aren't all that great as human beings and don't always do the right thing. Even Rachael (as Cheri; her parents are Swayze and Hershey; awesome) fits in that category. For example, she has sex with a guy... in a cemetery! No kidding. How that scene ends... it's a horrific thing but man did I laugh my ass off. You see things like that throughout, including one guy who has something really bad happen to his genitals, and in a rather astounding way. Like I said, dark stuff, but I dug it all and even if a different dame had played Cheri I'd rate this real highly. In hindsight, I should have seen this earlier in the year, but at least I got to write a little about a quality film that Ms. Cook appeared in. And what a memorable role. She doesn't wear much in the way of clothing, her boobs hanging out of her shirt. And during the sex scene, those boobs bouncing up and down in a rhythmic fashion... something I won't soon forget!

I'll be back tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment