Saturday, May 23, 2020

Another Update

This past week hasn't been great for me, for reasons I'll eventually explain on another day. For now, let me discuss the classic 1951 Looney Tunes cartoon Rabbit Fire:

The past few days I have been preoccupied with other matters (much more important ones) so I went with a cartoon review even though I rarely do those and there are ones I've seen the past few years which haven't been logged on here. It was a delight to see this via streaming; as a kid I saw plenty of Looney Tunes thanks to television and my mother renting VHS tapes back in the 80's. In a future review my mom contributing to my movie tastes will be discussed. Her being my mom is now better appreciated than it has been for awhile.

For now, I will mention that this was 7 ½ minutes of greatness as much of it was Bugs and Daffy arguing over “Wabbit Season” vs. “Duck Season” and Bugs constantly outsmarting his vain foe. The final minute or two, there's a turn and that made this different from the norm with the shorts involving Bugs and Daffy... and there is plenty of clever dialogue to go along with the expected quality animation/music. Heck, this even became an element in multiple memes with the ending bit where there are “Rabbit Season” & “Duck Season” posters being repeatedly torn down rapid-fire. I am happy this was as fun as it was when I was real young.

No comments:

Post a Comment