Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Hit Squad


Runtime: 102 minutes

Directed by: Bruno Corbucci

Starring: Tomas Milian, Robert Webber, Lilli Carati, Giuseppe Pambieri, Toni Ucci

From: Titanus

I apologize for not being around as much this month so far; it's been for a multitude of reasons and I can't guarantee that my schedule will return to more a sense of normalcy starting now. This movie would have been reviewed yesterday as it was seen on Sunday, but there was no time to do so until now. Another review will be up in a few hours. As for this poliziotteschi, it is the second to feature Tomas Milian as Nico Giraldi, a loose cannon cop; I've seen the first-The Cop in Blue Jeans-and it was a good time as the character was pretty over the top. He mostly dressed as a hobo and loved the movie Serpico so much, that was what he named his pet rat. This movie... wait until I describe his clothing.

The movie is rather comedic and I guffawed often. It concerns Nico attempting to crack down against thieves; several stumble upon a literal black book... no, not the kind that Jeffrey Epstein had, but one that still is incriminating as it revolves around bribes and a former CIA agent played by Robert Webber. Many wacky characters are encountered and note that this includes a thief eating their own feces (this happens as said thief takes a dump on someone's couch due to anger; Nico finds out who did it and forces this case of coprophilia) and a criminal at a racetrack gives up information after... being locked in a stable with a “horny and agitated” horse which kicks his ass.

Hit Squad-at least in its dubbed form I saw via a stream from a certain popular streaming website-is rather politically incorrect in terms of situation and its share of incredibly crass dialogue I could never repeat here. At times it did inspire some of the biggest laughs from me, even if it was from shock as it was not expected before I started watching the film. It's greatly entertaining and has enough brawls, chases, and other hallmarks of the genre to satisfy my tastes. I do have to admit that part of the reason this gets a high score: the clothing that Giraldi wears in the movie are so bizarre even by 70's fashion standards-this includes the duds worn in many a blaxaploitation movie-they inspired much mirth and delight.

I could write paragraphs on all the looks that were served here, but I'll try to restrain myself. He enjoyed wearing overalls of all colors, sometimes without a shirt underneath. My favorite there was black overalls, a leather jacket... and a Budweiser hat. One jacket was stupendous: cream in color, there were strawberries on the sleeves, and a giant one on the back. The ending is an American flag ensemble I couldn't begin to describe... oh yeah, a small part of this movie was set and filmed in the crappy New York City of old, and features not only a random mentally handicapped individual that keeps on showing up and made me wonder if it was some poor homeless guy that legit wandered on set, but also an interracial romance scene that was played to be incredibly awkward-I told you this was politically incorrect. The look that even led me gobsmacked has to be mentioned: Nico meets Lilli Carati and even though he barely knows her, shows up at her place looking to have sex. His clothing during that scene: a black hit you'd expect Waylon Jennings to wear, a black shirt that says WILD THING on the front and has a giant jaguar which has stoned-looking eyes, a black jacket with all sorts of color splotches on it I call a space jacket... and as Nico has zero restraint, his pants are off already so you see he has on red bikini underwear!

This is why the movie made me guffaw often.

No comments:

Post a Comment