Monday, February 18, 2019

I Talk Dune: The Complete Saga

As I mentioned in my last review, last night I watched a fan edit that Michael Warren did called Dune: The Complete Saga; it's 3 hours long and besides the theatrical footage, the infamous 3 hour extended cut that David Lynch wanted nothing to do with, AND deleted scenes, resulting in a 183 minute piece of work. Some things were cleared up (such as the fate of a supporting character) but other questions were raised which I can't answer because I did not read the novel... plus, the cut was more concerned about including everything than having it flow together. The footage looking wildly different I can deal with, but this has both the original and deleted opening, and early on you get to see several characters enter a room twice. At least this does confirm that the theatrical version should have been longer as that would have been beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment