Thursday, July 24, 2014

I Discuss The Expendables 3

I know, not a movie review but there is a reason why I am talking about this film tonight; I'll get to that in a bit.

While not even all action fans agree on it, I think the first two Expendables films are great. All the complaints I've heard about 2... I disagree with most of them and I think it's unfortunate those people had the wrong expectation for the film. Now, you'd think that I'd be looking forward to 3 then. Well...

I started to get reservations about it earlier in the year. The cast looked too huge and there seemed to be way too many famous “good guys” compared to “bad guys”. I thought that was dopey. Then the rating hit; there's been rumors of how some people wanted the first two to be PG-13 but it ended up going R. Well, now it's PG-13 and that's really stupid, as what teenager under 17 would really care about this movie and its stars, even if it has the presence of such people as Ronda Rousey and Victor Ortiz? Just stupid all around, then there's the font for the advertising of the film looking almost exactly like The Fast & The Furious font, and that is why I have pretty low expectations for this, which is quite unfortunate.

Via a messageboard post I read a few hours ago, earlier today someone leaked a full copy of this movie onto all the torrent sites. Really. Why does that happen to Lionsgate more than other companies... hmmm. Anyhow, I looked at The Pirate Bay (yes, they're still around) and there are indeed several copies of the movie up there. Now, of course I didn't download any of them but I did see that the copies floating about... those that listed the length said it's 126 minutes and change; another source of contention is how long the film would be. I've seen several different runtimes and everyone agrees with such a large cast, a movie only like 100 minutes long would be unfortunate as talk about shortchanging everyone. I do feel better knowing it's 126 minutes. I could have done without seeing a comment in one of the torrents that-if true-is a spoiler and something I wish wouldn't have been spoiled. We'll have to wait a few weeks to see if that statement (which of course I won't spoil here) is factual or poppycock.

I'll return tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment