Thursday, April 4, 2013

RIP Roger Ebert

I figured that tonight wouldn't be the best time to do a movie review, as the most famous movie critic of all time sadly passed away today. I was not too surprised it happened but it doesn't mean I wasn't sad to hear about it on Twitter.

As with many people, I saw more than a few episodes of his show with Gene Siskel, and later on I got his two books consisting of the funny reviews he did where he ripped apart crappy movies, as I personally dig such things. Once he unfortunately had all those health problems and he joined Twitter I followed him and while I did not always agree with him there (or his reviews) but it was always and interesting follow and above all else, even if I devoted all my time to becoming a great movie reviewer no way could I be as great of a writer as Roger Ebert was. Also, it was pretty great to see that he created such a web presence and he still was able to communicate with people despite the obvious effects his health problems had on him. Rest In Peace to him.

I'll be back tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment