Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tempo



Runtime: 83 minutes

Directed by: Eric Styles

Starring: Melanie Griffith, Hugh Dancy, Rachael Leigh Cook, Art Malik, Malcolm McDowell

From: Various companies, including Grosvenor Park

Yep, another movie involving Rachael. It's a long story as to why I decided to check out my fifth movie in a row with her in it; after tonight it should be some time (as in, more than a few days) until I watch something else with her, just to get a little more variety in here. That said, I figured I should see an international film given it's Olympics time, which this is and it was filmed in such locales as Paris, Munich, and... Luxembourg. True story. A company from that country gave some money to produce the film. That was interesting to me as I'm like most people in not knowing too much about that small land-locked country.

The plot, taken straight from the IMDb: “Jenny, a young American woman, moves to Paris and gets involved with Jack, who is seemingly the man of her dreams. However, he has a lot to hide and Jenny quickly gets entangled in his dangerous lifestyle”.

I'll give some away but not too much. It's actually a love triangle involving Jack (Dancy), Jenny (Cook), and Sarah James (Griffith). Yep, Melanie was a cougar a few years before that term became popular. What happens is that Sarah is a thief of rare items. She gets something from an old lady but it's stolen for her and she's put in a pickle so she needs loverboy Jack to help her out, but he's preoccupied with his new flame. And let's be honest here, unfortunately by this point Melanie Griffith was already addicted to the plastic surgery so she did not look like she did in her heyday and given that Jenny was much more age-appropriate for him ^and^ Rachael was pretty hot in this film, and it wouldn't have been a hard decision for me!

The movie itself isn't all that great but still, there were fine moment throughout so I did not think it was a total waste of time. How it turned out was pretty amusing, and I did not complain about Jack and Jenny passionately making out and then engaging in sweaty sex... although Hugh Dancy was the one that you see nude. Plus, I was amused by such odd things as how apparently much of this was filmed in Luxembourg and at one point you see a Buddha statue and for some reason it has a giant erection; things like that made me laugh. I can't tell you why the film has the title it does, though.

I'll be back Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment