Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Short Bit of Randomness

I ended up going out in the afternoon and my entire evening was taken up by watching tonight's UFC show and then I listened to a podcast immediately afterwards, so no time for a movie, Dr. Jones. I will mention a few things, though.

Last night I saw a documentary I've wanted to see for awhile; via the Sundance Channel I saw Lost in La Mancha, the 2002 film about all the troubles that led to the cancellation of Terry Gilliam's movie about Don Quixote. That property must be cursed as back in the day Orson Welles also tried to bring it to screen, with no luck. What resulted in the cancellation of Gilliam's film was massive problems with location shooting and then the old actor who they had cast as the Don (famous French star Jean Rochefort) got hurt bad enough to have to pull out, and the whole thing collapsed. Needless to say, Gilliam has had massive problems in bringing most-if not all-of his flicks to the big screen; while a lot of it is his doing, I still feel bad for the guy. He is still trying to bring his vision of Don Quixote to film; who knows if it'll happen.

One more thing before I go: the main thing I did today is go to the local Barnes & Noble as now is the thing they do twice a year where some if not all (it depends on where you go) of their Criterion Collection DVD's and Blu-Rays are 50 percent off. That is quite the deal. I did get some items on this day.

I'll be back sometime on Friday the 13th and yes I will be reviewing a horror film. It won't be one featuring Jason Voorhees but it will still fit the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment