Thursday, September 8, 2016

Harold Lloyd's World Of Comedy

Harold Lloyd's World of Comedy (1962)

Runtime: 94 minutes

Directed by: Harold Lloyd

Starring: You guessed it, Harold Lloyd, along with other actors in this compilation.

From: Continental Distributing

This is a short review from me; there is not a lot to say about a compilation, even if it is of a famous silent figure who got to show off his best moments after his movies had not been seen at the time for a few decades. I give my brief thoughts below: 

This will actually be a short review from me. This played on TCM late last night so I figured I would watch it that way rather than watch it via “a certain streaming video site”. It is a compilation of various clips of Harold Lloyd shorts and features, silents and talkies, all put together by Lloyd himself. This made him popular among a new generation of people who had never even heard of him before, much less seen any of his work. It is nice seeing all those clips as they are all funny but it'd be better in context with the films they were pulled from, you know... and various scenes have what appear to be added sound effects, which I thought weren't really needed. All that said, this is a fun hour and a half filled with memorable moments.

For the record, according to the IMDb they used clips from the following:

Safety Last!
Why Worry?
Girl Shy
Hot Water
The Freshman
The Kid Brother
Feet First
Movie Crazy
The Milky Way
Professor Beware

Thankfully most of those films can easily be found online, if you catch my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment