Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Recap Of Yesterday

I am changing things up and tonight before the Oscars begin (which I'll have on mute and I'll sort of pay attention to it) I wanted to post a little thing where I talked about seeing 5 films on the big screen in a 12 hour period. Tomorrow night I'll write about Nebraska and Her and Tuesday night was Captain Phillips and American Hustle. There is a reason why I'm doing it that way, which I'll explain tomorrow night.

I went to the AMC Theatres at Downtown Disney to check it out. You got a lanyard to wear so between the movies you could go outside to eat, smoke a cigarette, or what have you. I could have done without the asstagonist who MC'ed things between the films and acted like a loud loathsome lout while yelling and screaming nonsense in between giving out goofy prizes for trivia where basically it was the person who could look up the answer fastest on their smartphone... yes, I ended up avoiding the auditorium when he was in it.

I had no idea what the attendance would be but it was far more popular than I would have suspected. It was cool that what I'd guess would be at least 200 people could view a small independent like Nebraska alongside something more popular like Captain Phillips. It was a real mix of people and thankfully there were little problems with how people acted while viewing the movies. I have had problems in the past with rude inconsiderate A-holes at a movie theatre but aside from the MC there was no issues.

I am thinking that at the end of the week I will finally have up my list of the Best Movies of 2013. The list now seems complete. And, I'll be back tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment