Monday, December 2, 2013

RIP Paul Walker

Yes I have returned and yes, due to me being tied up with other things (including starting to play Skyrim) I did not watch anything between the last time I posted here and now and post it on Letterboxd as I was hoping to do. That's alright though as it had to work out that way for me and I am fine with it. Now, I'll try to be back to a normal schedule.

This past Saturday night I of course was as shocked as everyone else that Paul Walker had passed away due to a fiery car crash that apparently was due to speeding and/or mechanical failure in the supercar designed by Porsche. No matter the cause, it was a very sad thing. I know that he wasn't exactly a Shakespearean actor and I like others made reference to that. But, I never had any problem with him and I am someone who often gets disgusted with how actors and actresses act in real life... you know, D-bags and really rude, or just so pretentious and an asshat. He never acted like that and in fact he was involved with various charities and he tried to help people, so seeing someone like that pass away way too soon was very sad; of course it was sad that the driver of the car (Roger Rodas) passed away too.

The only movies I've seen of his are all that I've reviewed before here, which was She's All That and all the Fast & Furious movies he was in. You can search for those reviews if you wish. But yeah, what a sad weekend it was; the Fast & Furious movies started off pretty goofy but 5 and 6 were an over the top (in the right way) blast.

I'll be back tomorrow night and unless things go awry, I'll try for it to be a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment