Sunday, February 27, 2011

Randomness

Well, no review tonight. Instead, some random tidbits.

I am not watching the Oscars tonight. I have better things to do. It's overblown pompous hype, so I'd rather not waste 3 plus hours with that nonsense. Given how I've heard from my pals on Twitter how awful the presentation has been this year, it seems like I've made the right choice. I usually like to watch a total trainwreck, but like I said, the arrogant nature of it all is not for me.

Way back when in March of '10 I found a copy and reviewed a movie called The Phynx, a movie best known for being a huge bomb. It has an astounding and bizarre cast of celebrities and it has never gotten even a VHS release, let alone DVD. It only aired on TV a few times back in the day. Well, between then and now someone put the film on Veoh. You have to download and install their player in order to view it all, but I've done it and no harm will come from doing that. It's the easiest way to see an extremely rare film.

I mean, I'd say The Phynx is better than Cop Out, which I tried to watch a few days ago. I rented it for someone I know, who saw it on the big screen last year and they and their friends loved it. I was surprised, as I didn't think they were the types to enjoy a Kevin Smith film. Then again, I only sometimes enjoy a Kevin Smith film myself! So, I tried to watch it, even though I heard it was God-awful from most reliable sources and I've never enjoyed Tracy Morgan at all. Well, I only made it 15 minutes in, and if it wasn't for the fact I was eating dinner at the time, I would have turned it off 5 minutes in. No joke. It was AWFUL. I couldn't even manage to watch more than that. The entire movie was just stupid as hell and not entertaining at all. I chuckled once or twice but that was it. Tracy Morgan's performance... that SO turned me off. I thought I've gotten mad at characters like Justin Hammer in Iron Man 2, but this takes the cake. I don't know if I have *ever* been so aggravated with a character, as a matter of that. That opening scene with Tracy interrogating a suspect via quoting movie lines... that was a travesty. All he did was yell as loud as he can and act like a crackhead. Yep, he'll never be funny in my eyes. Avoid this at all costs.

This week I plan on seeing at least one film on the big screen, so you can look forward to that. My next review will be up Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment