Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Anita: Swedish Nymphet

Anita: Swedish Nymphet (1973)

Runtime: 95 minutes

Directed by: Torgny Wickman

Starring: Christina Lindberg, Stellan Skarsgard, Daniele Vlaminck, Michel David, Erika Wickman

From: Alpha France/Swedish Film Production (SFP)

So, about that election... but let's not talk politics here, as that can only lead to trouble. Instead, let me mention that I was inspired to watch this softcore film from Sweden not just because I find the lead to be rather attractive, but also because she was brought up on a messageboard I frequent a few days ago. It was better than I expected. Read all about it below: 

It was a messageboard conversation that inspired me to see another Christina Lindberg movie... then again, you don't need to twist my arm too hard to see one of her movies. This one happens to have an English subtitled print on Amazon Instant so it is quite easy to track down. To give some sort of idea on what this movie is about, let me list some of its alternate titles:

Anita: Swedish Nymphet (as it's known on IMDb)
Anita: The Shocking Account of a Young Nymphomaniac (its DVD title)
Anita: The True Story of a 17 Year Old Nymphomaniac (the translated title given on the print I watched)

Yep, she plays a nymphomaniac who sleeps around with guys (and sometimes with girls) and her parents not only do not understand, they treat her awfully and make her feel stupid; you do have sympathy for poor Anita and wish she could be cured. A young college student accidentally runs into her (literally) and they become pals. He resists her advances, realizes what her problem is, and reasons that she needs an orgasm to cure her affliction... really. I am not sure if that's a legit cure for the problem, but let's go with it. As she wants nothing to do with the people she makes it with, this young student Erik just can't try the obvious and attempt the cure himself.

To me it's hilarious who Erik is played by; it is someone who became much more famous later and is still someone we all know: STELLAN SKARSGARD. Yes, he went on from this softcore picture to appear in Disney and Marvel movies. I've never seen the movie Nymphomaniac, but everything I know, it definitely seems to be inspired by Anita, as much as von Trier apparently tries to deny it. Stellan even plays almost a carbon copy of the character in the 2013 movie, so you can decide on your own how valid his denials really are. I am also amused that a respected director like him took inspiration from a Christina Lindberg movie where you see and hear a trumpet player walk into a room she's in and from sound only, you know that he just started receiving “oral gratification”.

It's about what you expect but it is watchable. While there's plenty of titillation, the story was interesting to me and as I understand, another similarity with the von Trier movie is that both are told in a non-linear fashion. I was entertained even without the T&A and over the top moments. While not wild and a cult classic like Thriller: A Cruel Picture, I still thought it was fine, w/ both leads putting in respectable performances. Also, it's more of a drama-which examines the ramifications of the affliction on a young lady who had no idea why she was so sex crazed-than a comedy, although there's both intentional and unintentional humor.

If you enjoy seeing the lead-both dressed and undressed-or want to be amused at what a famous actor did early in his career, like I said it's on Amazon where it can be rented for only a few bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment