Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Woody Allen

On Saturday I watched again Sleeper, a film I saw and reviewed here way back when. I won't review it again here but at the beginning of the review I posted on Letterboxd I said some things about how I plan on seeing more Woody Allen pictures. Here's what I said:

I have had this feeling for a long while now (as in, years) but I figured it was about time I finally started to watch more Woody Allen films, as I have only seen a few in my life. I'll rewatch those that I have already seen and I'll check out the many movies new to me; I don't plan on seeing all of his work, as he's still prolific even at the age of 80 and despite streaming options, showings on channels like TCM (which is how I saw this) and being able to buy at used or new stores and hopefully rent from local libraries, there are some that I'd have to see “not by legal means” and I'll only do that if I have to. Considering that the quality of his overall work is still at least good, it is a rabbit hole I am happy to dive into.

That is even with the rumors of his personal life... the whole Soon-Yi Previn thing is weird and all but I am referring to those allegations that came out around two years ago where Woody was accused of some horrific crimes. I have no idea if those claims are true or not; if they aren't then that's horrific also, to falsely have such comments made about you. All I can do is say “I don't know” and thus that is why I decided to start this journey through his filmography; that is subject to change if more evidence ever comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment