Thursday, March 12, 2015

Yep, More Remakes, Reboots & Sequels

No movie review tonight (that'll come when I return tomorrow night); instead I want to do a short entry where I once again say that this trend of remakes, reboots and sequels in Hollywood & television is going to get worse before it gets better and it's just sad at this point.

I mean, Cabin Fever (from '02!) is getting remade, there's going to be a Leatherface prequel film where he's a young pretty dude, Tron 3 is going to happen (I really hope it's better than Legacy) and just moments ago I heard that they want to do a new Naked Gun... but have it NOT be a spoof movie! I swear this is true. Lord what a stupid idea; besides doing it without Leslie Nielsen, it being a different genre is asinine on so many levels I don't even know where to begin. No wonder why I ignore many Hollywood movies from recent times and prefer foreign films (old and new) and movies from the past. Sigh, talk about depressing.

At least my next review will be of a foreign movie from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment