Monday, February 23, 2015

Some Random Thoughts

I hate not having a review up for tonight but I haven't felt good either last night or today and I tried to watch something I got from the library but I wasn't feeling it so I'll mention two things then mention that I'll return tomorrow night with... something or another.

I don't have much more to say about the Oscars last night. I am “meh” about the entire thing, including the outrage over Michael Keaton not winning Best Actor. Some are acting like it should be given as a “Lifetime Achievement Award” sort of thing, which I don't think should be done at all. I've heard complaints that the guy who won did not have the best performance but that's different from some of the arguments I've heard. Then again I've heard too many comments concerning last night's show that I don't even understand... they don't make much logical sense at all.

The movie I tried watching was from Olive Films, one of those small companies which put out obscure films on disc. Whether it's Scream/Shout Factory, Kino Lorber, Olive, Vinegar Syndrome, Twilight Time, or some others, I am glad they are around to serve hardcore film/genre fans. This was my first Olive disc. It was bare-bones and the title menu looked kind of cheap but I tried to forgive that. The fact that there's bad grammar on the back cover of the DVD... even then I am glad companies like them are around and the print at least did look nice.

Hopefully I'll start feeling better immediately so I can get back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment