Friday, January 20, 2012

Oh, What A Week

No review tonight; to me I have a good explanation. Would you want to do one after the events of the past few days, with all that SOPA/PIPA stuff (thankfully that is at least being postponed now, but that was just announced hours ago) Megaupload being shut down by the U.S. Government, because they apparently have nothing better to do or bigger problems to combat, three great R&B people passing away in Etta James, Johnny Otis and Jimmy Castor, some unfortunate news about a movie I was eagerly looking forward to... not to mention during one night I had a dream where one of my friends died? Not the best past few days.

The news I'm referring to is the whole controversy revolving around The Expendables 2 and its rating. Recently someone discovered Chuck Norris saying on a Polish TV show-of all things-that he only agreed to do it if it was PG-13, as he doesn't want to do something where people say a lot of bad words. I didn't really believe it, given that Chuck is rather loony at times so I figured it doesn't matter what he says, it's going to be rated R.

Then, Sly Stallone actually confirmed the news.

Needless to say, a lot of people online are not happy about this news, and I agree with them. It's pretty ridiculous to try and get teenagers to go and see a bunch of old action stars fighting against each other.

But, this profane video I found online explains my feelings pretty well. I don't agree with all of it but as one of the thousands of Hitler parody videos, it's pretty great.

In case it gets deleted sometime in the future, I'll say it's one of those videos with subtitles over a ranting and raving Hitler; that clip is from Downfall, a Eurpoean war movie which I understand is actually great but most people know it just for that one scene and how it's been used in thousands of different ways to laugh at such thing as in this case, the FAIL of Expendables 2 being PG-13.

With this strong backlash hopefully they'll change their mind, but at this time people are PISSED and hopefully you can see why I felt like doing this sort of writing instead of watching and reviewing a motion picture. Oh, and I also watched the rare Friday night UFC show, which for it having fighters that are almost all in the middle of the pack, was pretty darn good.

I will be back to review a flick on Monday as it is in my plans to watch one during the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment