Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another Post Of Randomness

So, I will mention a pair of movies and then mention a service I signed up a few days ago for free that I’ll get to experience for a month.

I saw Undisputed III: Redemption. It follows the end of Undisputed II. Not to give spoilers from Undisputed II, but the villain of that, Boyka, gets hurt in the big fight and in III, he’s injured and now the de facto good guy. He becomes a big part of a tournament of the best prison fighters from across the world, held in Georgia (and I don’t mean the state where Atlanta’s the capital). Truth be told, I preferred the second movie overall. Sure, there’s also great action here (and actor Marko Zaror may become another well-known B-level martial arts movie star if he gets more work outside of his native Chile) but the problem is, I didn’t really care for the story here. Some dumb/aggravating things, and then there’s the character of Turbo, who reached about a Jar Jar Binks-level of annoyance with me, and of course he turns out to have one of the biggest parts in the film. You may feel differently and you may enjoy it more-which is apparently the general consensus-but for me…

Also, I recently watched Centurion, the latest film from Neil Marshall, the director of The Descent and Doomsday. Here’s another movie I’ve heard rave reviews about, but I was mostly eh about. It was little things, like the text you see on the screen being either impossible or really hard to read, or the blood you see splattered on the screen looking REALLY fake to the point of distraction and yeah, I was hoping I’d like this more than I did, despite the entertaining action scenes I did see at times in the film.

Anyhow, on a lighter note I can say that I used an old college e-mail address to sign up for Hulu Plus for a month's time. Up to early June I'll check out (and review) some stuff on there. Likely it will mainly be Criterion films. I'll be classin' it up around here for the next few weeks, I'm predicting.

I'll be back tomorrow night with a new review.

No comments:

Post a Comment