Thursday, November 19, 2009

An Addendum

I was in a rush to post my last entry, so I neglected to mention some things.

When the movie was originally released in America, its distributor was the recently mentioned American International Pictures, the low-budget entity. In their wisdom, they decided to dub the movie into “American English” rather than “Australian English”. Despite it making money elsewhere around the world, AIP didn’t do much with it in the states aside from the dubbing. I guess it’s not a surprise that shortly after this, they went out of business.

Two times in the movie there's an effect you see twice where in real time you'll briefly see eyes pop out of someone's head (as if a cartoon) right before a big moment. I read years ago in a book about how it's done naturally but I don't recall it now. Director George Miller was in the medical field originally, so I'm sure that's how he learned to do that. If you freeze it at the right time... it's an image that creeps me out, at least!

One more thing about the weirdness factor. The young child that Max and Jessie have… it’s name is Sprog. Sprog! I have no idea what kind of name that is either, and it looked to be it’s real name instead of a nickname.

But despite stuff like this, like I said before this is something I recommend. The way it’s shot, the music, the action scenes… good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment