Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Busy Bodies

In this review posted much earlier (and is much shorter in length) than usual due to my schedule, I had the time/inclination last night to discuss a 20 minute Laurel & Hardy short; I've reviewed several shorts and movies w/ them... all have been enjoyed.

I also dug Busy Bodies. After a morning commute which involves a great visual gag, the duo go to their jobs at a sawmill. Even before they clock in, the calamity begins. Once on the clock, much damage is done to each other, although inadvertently or otherwise, others also receive some punishment. Glue, saws, a window frame, a barrel, the building's plumbing... all become involved as Stan & Oliver cause so much havoc it's like a tornado went through the job site.

Of course the gags in question won't be elaborated upon. This might be the favorite of the L&H shorts I have viewed so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment